MSP IT SYSTEMS SUPPORT ENGINEER – TIER III
Power Consulting Group, Inc.
Microsoft 365: 3 years (Required)
Networking/VLAN: 3 years (Required)
Microsoft Windows Server Domain creation and troubleshooting: 3 years (Required)
working at a Managed Service Provider (MSP): 5 years (Required)
Work authorization (Required)
Sonicwall Firewall: 3 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
MSP IT System Support Engineer – Tier III
MSP IT SYSTEMS SUPPORT ENGINEER – TIER III
Power Consulting Group is a fast growing, high energy, NYC based Managed IT Service Provider (MSP), supporting, and implementing all aspects of technology including cloud, virtualization, and security. Dedicated to giving our clients the highest level of customer service experience and exceptional support. PCG has been in business for more than 20 years serving clients ranging from small to large sized businesses. We are seeking an MSP IT System Engineer – Tier III to join our award-winning Managed Services.
The MSP IT System Support Engineer – Tier III will be looked at as one of the Sr. technical members of the team and will be responsible for fielding complex high-level escalations and projects. Experience with at least 90% of the following technologies is required – Sonicwall firewalls, vLANS, smart switches, routers, VPN technology, Wireless networks and network configurations. Strong Windows desktop experience, PowerShell scripting, O365 administration and migration. Windows Server administration including Active Directory, and Remote Desktop Services. Virtualization experience with one or more of Azure, AWS, Hyper-V or VMware. Experience implementing and troubleshooting Microsoft Office 365 and Azure. Advanced Backup solutions such as Veeam. Previous MSP experience is a must-have
As an IT Systems Engineer Tier III you will be
- Serving as an escalation point for Tier III support issues that are escalated from our Tier I and Tier II engineers.
- Implementing new systems and network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current implementations
- Serving as an integral member of the Project Delivery teams by providing hands on technical support for complex projects, focusing on production and implementation.
- Install, configure, and support network equipment, including routers, switches and firewalls.
- Support VMware virtual server technical issues
- Support Windows Server 2012-2019, including issues with Active directory, domain operations etc.
- Provide infrastructure support in all areas needed including storage networking, server/desktop OS, Cloud environments, network security, active directory, virtualization, system and network monitoring, and application installation, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Mentor/Coach to junior support engineers
- An active leader of the technical support team.
- Effectively applying Power Consulting methodology and enforcing PCG standards.
- Responsible for creating detailed documentation outlining how systems were configured and creating end-user guides to Power Consulting’s standards.
- Responsible for maintaining detailed time tracking of your work
Core Skills and experience
· 5+ years of relevant MSP support experience
· 5+ years of Windows Server troubleshooting and deployment experience including Domain creation, DHCP/DNS, DFS replication.
· 5+ years of firewall/network layer support and deployment experience including vlan and switch configuration and troubleshooting.
· Vmware ESXi 6.X host build out and troubleshooting experience.
· Hands on experience with implementation, and support of O365 services
· Expert knowledge of PowerShell and scripting.
· 2+ years of SAML/Single Sign On experience (Azure, Okta)
· 5+ years of hands-on networking experience (routing and switching) with Sonicwall, Cisco, Cisco Meraki is required
· Exceptional troubleshooting skills
Preferred experience with
- Sonicwall Firewalls and SMAs
- Cisco switches
- VMware Horizon View
- Cisco OS
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL SKILLS:
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Top-class customer service skills
- Excellent documentation, reporting, and planning skills
- Conscientious, accountable, detail-oriented, thorough, and consistent
- Professional demeanor and appearance; punctual, team player
- Outstanding people skills
- Ambition and passion for learning and teaching
- Create/maintain/improve network support documentation and processes
- Competitive Salary
- Full health benefits
- Paid training and professional certifications
- Career advancement opportunities
- Great team of peers
- Learning environment
- 80,000+ BASE SALARY (based on experience)
EMAIL REPLY WITH COVER LETTER AND RESUME (PDF OR DOC) ATTACHED
Principals only. Recruiters please don’t contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
The employing firm is an award-winning Manhattan-based IT Managed Services provider, servicing the financial, legal, education and non-profit business sectors. PCG was recently named one of the top 250 MSPs in the world. In this competitive marketplace, the firm stands apart for its values of high communication, fanatical service and customer care. This is reflected in our staff, who are chosen for these qualities in addition to their first rate technical and business skills. In an increasingly commoditized and competitive field, the firm is a market leader, the first IT Managed services provider to include complete IT Management, strategy and recommendations in its basic business offering. Consequently, the firm can charge a premium for its services, and continues to move up market to focus on clients with growing business that require true IT leadership and guidance.
The firm has invested heavily in its cloud presence, with redundant data centers outside of New
York. It has 25+ employees at offices located in Chelsea. We are an intensely data-driven business, and continually measure performance and customer satisfaction. We also measure company and employee performance regularly against best-in-class industry metrics. The firm has, in the 22 years since incorporating, developed a deep base of referrals with Metro New
York business. We also provide services to clients in multiple cities across the US and internationally. We have a 24/7 overseas Network Operations Center.
The firm’s core principles:
- People first
- Remove obstacles to individual productivity
- Care for people
- Provide comfort and security
- Service Excellence
- Accountability (take responsibility for actions, promises and commitment)
- Leadership (provide IT strategy and direction)
- Help clients be productive today, plan for tomorrow and sleep soundly tonight.
- The firm is the undisputed customer service leader in IT Managed Services.
- Focus on customer service and client business goals and everything else will follow.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New York, NY 10001: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Microsoft 365: 3 years (Required)
- Sonicwall Firewall: 3 years (Preferred)
- Networking/VLAN: 3 years (Required)
- Microsoft Windows Server Domain creation and troubleshooting: 3 years (Required)
- working at a Managed Service Provider (MSP): 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location