MSP Project Implementation Junior Engineer
Power Consulting Group, Inc.
New York, NY 10001
$55,000 – $70,000 a year
Professional IT: 1 year (Required)
Work authorization (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
MSP: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
MSP Project Implementation Junior Engineer
Are you passionate about delivering first-class IT solutions? Are you driven to provide exceptional customer service and quality? Do you have experience working in a demanding, fast-paced environment? If you have the passion, drive, and experience, we are hiring and we want to hear from you!
We are seeking a full-time Junior Project Engineer to join our team of professional consultants. As a Power Consulting engineer, you will be working with clients across all verticals and of varying sizes and complexity, delivering solutions and support using the latest technologies.
As a Project Engineer, picture yourself:
- Serving as an integral member of the Project Delivery team by providing hands on technical support for complex projects, focusing on production and implementation.
- Partner with Power Consulting project manager(s) and technicians to execute various technology projects for our client base
- Participating in project work plans and reporting deviations to Project Managers as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Effectively applying Power Consulting methodology and enforcing project standards.
- Minimizing exposure and risk to Power Consulting on projects.
- Working with account teams to identify and resolve persistent and lingering issues.
- Identifying resources needed to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Ensuring timely communications and updates are provided to all relevant parties.
- Responsible for creating detailed documentation outlining how systems were configured and creating end-user guides to Power Consulting’s standards.
- Responsible for maintaining detailed time tracking of your work
Projects you will be exposed to include but are not limited to:
- System builds/refreshes
- Migrating from one email platform to another (i.e.: Exchange to Office 365)
- Deploying a new office network (firewall, switching, wireless, SANs UPS devices, etc)
- Migrate from a Windows-based file sharing platform to a cloud-based system such as SharePoint or Citrix File share
- Integrate various systems with a Single Sign On provider, specifically Okta
- Deploy dual factor authentication within an environment
- Work with audio/video and/or phone system vendors to deploy new system
- Manage an office relocation with the assistance of our Project Managers
Preferred experience with:
- 1+ years of relevant experience working in IT project-based environments and/or reporting to Project Managers
- Familiarity with Office 365 services, including but not limited to:
- SharePoint Online
- Microsoft Teams
- Familiarity with:
- LAN/WAN troubleshooting
- Azure Active Directory
- PowerShell and scripting
- SAML/Single Sign On experience (Azure, Okta)
- Experience of administering servers based on Windows Server and Active Directory
- 1+ years of hands-on networking experience (routing and switching) is preferred
- Sonicwall Firewalls and SMAs
- VMware ESXi/Vcenter
- VMware Horizon View
- Cisco OS
- PC/Mac Automation/Scripting (windows PowerShell, Chocolatey, Lua)
Require Professional Skills:
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Top-class customer service skills
- Excellent documentation, reporting, and planning skills
- Conscientious, detail-oriented, thorough, and consistent
- Professional demeanor and appearance; punctual, team player
- Outstanding people skills
- Ambition and passion for learning and teaching
- Create/maintain/improve network support documentation and processes
- Competitive Salary
- Full health benefits
- Paid training and professional certifications
- Career advancement opportunities
- Great team of peers
- Learning environment
- 55,000+ BASE SALARY (based on experience)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New York, NY 10001: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Desired Salary?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Professional IT: 1 year (Required)
- MSP: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location